The sacraments of Christian initiation – Baptism, Confirmation, and the Eucharist – lay the foundations of every Christian life. “The sharing in the divine nature given to men through the grace of Christ bears a certain likeness to the origin, development, and nourishing of natural life. the faithful are born anew by Baptism, strengthened by the sacrament of Confirmation, and receive in the Eucharist the food of eternal life. By means of these sacraments of Christian initiation, they thus receive in increasing measure the treasures of the divine life and advance toward the perfection of charity.”3 (1212)
Requirements for RCIA
- Be registered in our Parish
- Be registered in our RCIA program
- The cost for materials will be $50.
- Parents and Godparents are invited to participate.
- Unbaptized (bring Born certificate) more than 7 years old
- Baptized (bring Baptism certificate) more than 15 years old without first communion and confirmation.
* Sponsors must be fully initiated (baptism, confirmation, and first communion) Catholics in good standing, fill the Godparents form in their home parish signed by the pastor or designated person.
*Calendar 2022-23 https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=c_7o0qv8s677ban3kjakv3e5n004%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America%2FNew_York
The RCIA program is focused on the evangelization of the family and between September to May the program is all Saturdays 5:00- 6:30 pm all children, youth and adults will be prepared to receive or complete the sacraments of Initiation.
Registrations in person all Wednesdays 10:30 -5:00 pm in the parish office. or by appointment with Carmen
Saturdays June 11, july 9 and august 13, 5;00-6:30 pm on the building back to the church deadline august 17
Carmen O’Brien 804.729.5497 or 804.621.5979- 804.621.5979 (text) and email: [email protected]
Mon. – Fri. 9:00 am-5:00 pm