The sacrament of baptism is a joyous celebration in which the Catholic Church welcomes new members. The baptized receive the Spirit of adoption as daughters and sons of God. All are welcome to have their children baptized at Sacred Heart Church.
Requirements for Baptism
- Parents wishing to have their children baptized at Sacred Heart Church must be members of the parish.
- Parents must complete the parish baptism registration form and bring the child’s birth certificate.
- Parents must attend the baptism classes offered through the parish.
- Godparents who are Sacred Heart parishioners should also attend these classes, or those at their home parishes if they are not Sacred Heart parishioners.
- Godparents who are also Sacred Heart parishioners must complete an affidavit in the presence of a parish staff member, or if they are not parishioners, must obtain a letter from their parish stating that they are eligible to be godparents.
* Godparents must be fully initiated (baptism, confirmation, and first communion) Catholics in good standing, who are willing and able to model the Catholic faith for those to be baptized.
Baptismal classes are offered in both Spanish and English. There is a four class baptismal course offered in Spanish, two classes before the baptism and two follow-up classes after the baptism. Baptismal classes are also offered in English, which run approximately two hours and are scheduled on an as-needed basis.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 804-232-8964