For “by the sacrament of Confirmation, [the baptized] are more perfectly bound to the Church and are enriched with a special strength of the Holy Spirit. Hence they are, as true witnesses of Christ, more strictly obliged to spread and defend the faith by word and deed.” (1285)
Requirements for Confirmation
- Parents wishing to have their child/children confirmed at Sacred Heart Church must be members of the parish.
- The child must be at least 15 years of age and in 10th grade.
- The child must have already received the sacraments of baptism, first communion, and reconciliation.
- The child must have a fully initiated Catholic in good standing to serve as her/his sponsor.
* Sponsors must be fully initiated (baptism, confirmation, and first communion) Catholics in good standing, who are willing and able to model the Catholic faith for those to be confirmed.
Candidates for confirmation must attend confirmation preparation classes before receiving the sacrament. Preparation classes are available in both Spanish and English.
Parish staff members – Whom to contact
In Spanish and English:
Mon. – Fri. 9:00am – 5:00pm
Yenni will take care of scheduling any confirmation preparation classes and will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding this process.
All scheduling of Confirmations is done by the Diocese of Richmond.